The New Social Democracy
December 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Premature Obsequies: Social Democracy Comes in From the Cold: David Marquand (Mansfield College, Oxford).
3. European Social Democracy and New Labour: Unity in Diversity?: Donald Sassoon (QMC).
4. European Social Democracy: Convergence, Divisions, and Shared Questions: Frank Vandenbroucke (Nuffield College, Oxford).
5. Ownership and Social Democracy: Gerry Holtham.
6. The Parabola of Working Class Politics:Colin Crouch (European University Institute, Florence).
7. Globalisation and Social Democracy: Paul Hirst (Birkbeck College, University of London).
8. New Keynesianism and New Labour: Will Hutton (The Observer).
9. A Response to Will Hutton: Ruth Kelly (Labour MP for Bolton West).
10. Environmental Democracy: Michael Jacobs (The Fabian Society).
11. The Helmsman and the Cattle Prod: Anna Coote (King's Fund, London).
12.Social Democracy in a Small Country: Political Leadership or Management Consultancy?: James McCormick and Graham Leicester (Scottish Council Foundation).
13. New Approaches to the Welfare State: Julian Le Grand (London School of Economics and Political Science).
14. True Blood or False Genealogy?New Labour and British Social Democratic Thought: Michael Freeden (Mansfield College, Oxford).
15. Rights and Responsibilities: A Social Democratic Perspective: Stuart White (MIT).
Andrew Gamble is Director of the Political Economy Research Centre joint editor of The Political Quarterly. Previous books include Hayek: The Iron Cage of Liberty and The Free Economy and the Strong State.
* Essays by leading authorities on social democracy and the politics of new Labour.