Managing Strategy Implementation
April 2000, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Introduction: Stephen Carroll and Patrick Flood.
Part I: New Perspectives on the Strategy Implementation Process:.
1. Strategic Management in a World Turned Upside Down: the Role of Cognition, Intuition and Emotional Intelligence: Paul Sparrow.
2. Implementing Strategic Plans through Formalized Goal Setting: Stephen Carroll.
3. Analysing Strategic Activity through Narrative Analysis: Sarah Moore.
4. Strategy Implementation and Polarity Management: Tony Dromgoole and David Mullins.
Part II: Behavioural Barriers and Problems in Strategy Implementation: .
5. The Emotional World of Strategy Implementation: David O'Donnell.
6. Change Mangement and Stress: Carol Borrill and Sharon Parker.
7. Strategy Implementation in Public Sector Organizations: David McKevitt.
8. Leading and Managing the uncertainty of Strategic Change: Jean Hartley.
Part III: Key Roles in Strategy Implementation: .
9. From Key Advice to Execution: Consulting Firms and the Implementation of Strategic Decisions: Timothy Morris. .
10. The Leadership of Learning: the Core Process of Strategy Implementation: Dennis Gillen.
11. Middle Management Resistance to Strategic Change Initiatives: Saboteurs or Scapegoats?: Mark Fenton-O'Creevy.
12. Constraints on Strategy Implementation: the 'Problem' of Middle Managers: Philip Stiles.
Part IV: Barriers and Enablers to Strategy Implementation: .
13. The Primacy of Imagination: Charles Carroll.
14. Developing and Implementing Strategy through Learning Networks: Tony Dromgoole and Liam Gorman.
15. Implementing Turnaround Strategies in Strongly Unionized Environments: Niall Saul.
16. Teams in Strategy Implementation: Some Case Examples: Ken Smith and Henry Sims Jr.