A Companion to Roman Britain
December 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
List of Contributors.
Introduction (Malcolm Todd).
1. Britain and the Continent: Networks of Interaction (Barry Cunliffe).
2. Society and Polity in Late Iron Age Britain (Colin Haselgrove).
3. The Native Elite and their Funerary Practices from the First Century BC to Nero (Rosalind Niblett).
4. The Claudian Conquest and its Consequences (Malcolm Todd).
5. The Conquest of Wales (William Manning).
6. The Roman Penetration of the North in the Late First Century AD (Gordon Maxwell).
7. Soldier and Civilian in Wales (Jeffrey Davies).
8. The Northern Frontier from Trajan to Antonius Pius: Roman Builders and Native Britons (James Crow).
9. Scotland and the Northern Frontier: Second to Fourth Centuries AD (W. S. Hanson).
10. Cities and Urban Life (Michael J. Jones).
11. Gallo-British Deities and their Shrines (Miranda Aldhouse-Green).
12. Roman Religion and Roman Culture in Britain (Martin Henig).
13. The Human Population: Health and Disease (Charlotte Roberts and Margaret Cox).
14. The Family in Roman Britain (Lindsay Allason-Jones and Alexandra Croom).
16. Textiles and Dress (John Peter Wild).
17. Economic Structures (Michael Fulford).
18. Rural Settlement in Northern Britain (Richard Hingley).
19. Rural Settlement in Southern Britain: A Regional Survey (Anthony King).
20. Domestic Animals and their Uses (Annie Grant).
21. The Army in Late Roman Britain (Pat Southern).
22. Britain in the Fourth Century (Simon Esmonde Cleary).
23. The Final Phase (Ian Wood).
24. The Rediscovery of Roman Britain (Malcolm Todd).