The Year's Work in Critical and Cultural Theory Volume 7: 1997, Volume 7
July 2000, Wiley-Blackwell
YWCCT 7 reviews over three hundred titles in nineteen chapters divided in two parts. Part I: Critical Theory provides a general introductory chapter, followed by coverage of: Semiotics; Psychoanalysis; Feminisms; Colonial Discourse / Postcolonial Theory; Historicism; Queer Theories / Cultures; and Marxism(s) and Post-Marxism(s). Part II: Culture and Communications offers a general introductory survey of Cultural Studies, with subsequent chapters on: Media Studies; Popular Culture; Australian Popular Culture and Media Studies; Popular Music; Virtual Cultures; Film Theory; Art Histories and Visual Culture Studies; Cultural Policy; Aboriginal Identity; Culture and Art; and Multiculturalism.
Part I: Critical Theory:.
1. Critical Theory: General: David Walker (University of Sunderland).
2. Semiotics: Adrian Page (University of Luton).
3. Psychoanalysis: Anne-Marie Smith (Paris 8 Universite).
4. Feminisms: Jill Lebihan (Sheffield Hallam University).
5. Colonial Discourse /
Postcolonial Theory: Patrick Williams (Nottingham Trent University) and Nahem Yousaf (University of Hertfordshire).
6. Historicism: Scott Wilson (Lancaster University).
7. Queer Theories/Cultures: Brett Beemyn (Western Illinois University).
8. Marxism(s) and Post-Marxism(s): Glyn Daly: London.
Part II: Culture and Communications:.
9. Cultural Studies: General: Angela Werndly (University of Sunderland).
10. Media Studies: Jeffrey Walsh (The Manchester Metropolitan University).
11. Popular Culture: Hillegonda Rietveld (Goldsmiths College London).
12. Australian Popular Culture and Media Studies: Tara Brabazon (Central Queensland University).
13. Popular Music: David Buckley (Munich).
14. Virtual Cultures: Ian Saunders (University of Western Australia).
15. Film Theory: Susan Puride (Plymouth University).
16. Art Histories and Visual Culture Studies: Angelica Michelis (The Manchester Metropolitan University).
17. Cultural Policy: Robin Trotter (Griffith University).
18. Aboriginal Identity, Culture and Art (Denise Cuthbert, Susan Lowish, Stephen Pritchard and Ceridwen Spark (Monash University).
19. Multiculturalism: Vijay Mishra (University of Alberta).
The Year's Work in Critical and Cultural Theory Volume 7: 1997, Volume 7 (US $296.95)
-and- The Literary Theory Toolkit: A Compendium of Concepts and Methods (US $25.95)
Total List Price: US $322.90
Discounted Price: US $242.17 (Save: US $80.73)