Feminist Geography in Practice: Research and Methods
February 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
List of Figures and Tables.
Notes on Contributors.
1. Taking on, Thinking about, and Doing Feminist Research in Geography. (Pamela Moss).
Part I: Taking on Feminist Research.
Defining Feminism?: Feminist Pedagogy Working Group.
Short 1. Being Feminist in Geography - Feminist Geography in the German-Speaking Academy: History of a Movement. (Elisabeth Baschlind).
2. Making Space for Personal Journeys. (Mary Gilmartin).
3. Feminist Epistemology in Geography. (Meghan Cope).
4. The Difference Feminism Makes: Researching Unemployed Women in an Australian Region. (Louise C. Johnson).
Study Material for Taking on Feminist Research: Feminist Pedagogy Working Group.
Part II: Thinking about Feminist Research.
Delimiting Language?: Feminist Pedagogy Working Group.
Short 2. Putting Feminist Geography into Practice - Gender, Place and Culture: Paradoxical Spaces?. (Liz Bondi).
5. Paradoxical Space: Geography, Men, and Duppy Feminism. (David Butz and Lawrence D. Berg).
6. Toward a More Fully Reflexive Feminist Geography. (Karen Falconer Al-Hindi and Hope Kawabata).
7. People Like Us: Negotiating Sameness and Difference in the Research Process. (Gill Valentine).
Study Material for Thinking About Feminist Research: Feminist Pedagogy Working Group.
Part III: Doing Feminist Research.
Decentering Authority!: Feminist Pedagogy Working Group.
Short 3. Doing Geography as a Feminist - Reconsidering Success and Failure in Feminist Research. (Maureen G. Reed).
8. Doing Feminist Fieldwork about Geography Fieldwork. (Karen Nairn).
9. Quantitative Methods and Feminist Geographic Research. (Mei-Po Kwan).
10. Borderlands in Feminist Ethnography. (Joan Marshall).
11. Negotiating Positionings: Exchanging Life Stories in Research Interviews. (Deirdre McKay).
12. Interviewing Elites: Cautionary Tales about Researching Women Magazines in Canada's Banking Industry. (Kim V. L. England).
13. Studying Immigrants in Focus Groups. (Geraldine Pratt).
Study Material for Doing Feminist Research: Feminist Pedagogy Working Group.
14. Further Notes on Feminist Research: Embodied Knowledge in Place. (Isabel Dyck).
- The first methodology text for feminist geography
- Provides a wide range of suggestions for practising feminist geography
- Reviews feminist methodological work to date
- Pedagogical material has been developed with students in the classroom
- International contributors from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland, the UK and USA
Feminist Geography in Practice: Research and Methods (US $147.95)
-and- Research Methods in Geography: A Critical Introduction (US $51.95)
Total List Price: US $199.90
Discounted Price: US $149.92 (Save: US $49.98)