April 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- A fascinating and unique history of the Britons from the late Iron Age to the late Middle Ages.
- Describes the life, language and culture of the Britons before, during and after Roman rule.
- Examines the figures of King Arthur and Merlin and the evolution of a powerful national mythology.
- Proposes a new theory on the Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain and the establishment of separate Brittonic kingdoms.
- Discusses revivals of interest in British culture and myth, from Renaissance antiquarians to modern day Druids.