Foundations of Voice Studies: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Voice Production and Perception
May 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Foundations of Voice Studies provides a comprehensive description and analysis of the multifaceted role that voice quality plays in human existence.
- Offers a unique interdisciplinary perspective on all facets of voice perception, illustrating why listeners hear what they do and how they reach conclusions based on voice quality
- Integrates voice literature from a multitude of sources and disciplines
- Supplemented with practical and approachable examples, including a companion website with sound files at www.wiley.com/go/voicestudies
- Explores the choice of various voices in advertising and broadcasting, and voice perception in singing voices and forensic applications
- Provides a straightforward and thorough overview of vocal physiology and control