The Aesthetics of Cultural Studies
October 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Contains first-rate, original essays that analyze the role of aesthetics in American and British cultural studies
- Edited by Michael Bérubé, internationally recognised as a major figure in cultural studies
- Discusses the return of the aesthetic to cultural and literary debates, reflecting on its recuperation in the field
- Explores aesthetics in terms of subcultural analysis, the question of judgment in contemporary popular culture, the history of UK and US cultural studies, and the current state of the field
- Contributors are leading scholars, internationally based
- Includes substantial introductory material by the editor, which helps orient the reader to specific contributions and major debates.