Making Sense of the Organization
November 2000, Wiley-Blackwell
- Brings together the best most influential articles written by
one of the gurus of sensemaking - Karl Weick.
- Helps readers develop a thorough understanding of the sensemaking process - essential for effective management.
Part I: Organizations as Contexts for Sensemaking:.
1. Sensemaking in Organizations: Small Structures with Large Consequences.
2. Sources of Order in Underorganized Systems: Themes in Recent Organizational Theory.
3. Organizational Redesign as Improvisation.
Part II: Components of Sensemaking:.
4. The Collapse of Sensemaking in Organizations: The Mann Gulch Disaster.
5. The Vulnerable System: An Analysis of the Tenerife Air Disaster.
6. Technology as Equivoque: Sense-making in New Technologies.
7. Enactment Processes in Organizations.
8. Enactment and the Boundaryless Career.
9. Enacted Sensemaking in Crisis Situations.
10. Toward a Model of Organizations as Interpretation Systems.
11. Collective Mind in Organizations: Heedful Interrelating on Flight Decks.
12. Improvisation as a Mindset for Organizational Analysis.
13. Organizational Culture as a Source of High Reliability.
14. Organizations as Cause Maps.
15. Substitutes for Corporate Strategy.
16. The Attitude of Wisdom: Ambivalence as the Optimal Compromise.
17. Management of Organizational Change Among Loosely Coupled Elements.
18. Organization Design: Organizations as Self-Designing Systems.
19. Small Wins: Redefining the Scale of Social Problems.
20. Cosmos vs. Chaos: Sense and Nonsense in the Electronic Contexts.
21. Sensemaking as an Organizational Dimension of Global Change.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Making Sense of the Organization (US $70.00)
-and- Driven to Lead: Good, Bad, and Misguided Leadership (US $55.00)
Total List Price: US $125.00
Discounted Price: US $93.75 (Save: US $31.25)