Critical Issues in Tourism: A Geographical Perspective, 2nd Edition
February 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
List of Boxes.
List of Figures.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Part I: An Approach to Tourism:.
2. The International Dimension.
Part II: Access to Tourism Consumption:.
3. Social Access to Tourism and Leisure.
4. Tourist Motivation and Behaviour.
Part III: The Production of Tourism Services:.
5. The Tourism and Leisure Industries.
6. Tourism and Entrepreneurship.
7. Tourism, Employment and Labour Markets.
Part IV: Tourism Environments:.
8. Tourism and Leisure Environments.
9. Mass Tourism.
10. Urban Tourism.
11. Rural Tourism.
12. Tourism and the Environment: the Challenge of Sustainable Tourism.
- Explains how tourism is reshaping human and physical environments.
- Centred around the concepts of the production and consumption of tourism.
- Updated to keep up with recent changes in tourism geography.
- New sections include a chapter on the complexities of sustainable tourism.
"The many examples are wide ranging and hence it should provide a key text for students from a wide range of disciplines who wish to understand the many social challenges arising from contemporary tourism and leisure activity. [...] The text offers a vital contribution of the problems and issues facing modern tourism." International Journal of Environmental Studies