On the Plurality of Worlds
February 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
1. A Philosopher's Paradise.
The Thesis of Pluraliry of Worlds.
Modal Realism at Work: Modality.
Modal Realism at Work: Closeness.
Modal Realism at Work: Content.
Modal Realism at Work: Properties.
2. Paradox in Paradise?.
Everything is Actual?.
All Worlds in One?.
More Worlds Than There Are?.
How Can We Know?.
A Road to Scepticism?.
A Road to Indifference?.
The Incredulous Stare.
3. Paradise on the Cheap?.
The Ersatzist Program.
4. Counterparts or Double Lives?.
Good Questions and Bad.
Against Trans-World Individuals.
- Written by one of the most distinguished and influential
philosophers alive today.
- Cuts across core issues in logic, metaphysics, language, and
- A Contemporary classic.
- Discusses central issues in modal logic, which is an area of
keen interest in contemporary philosophical logic.