Shakespeare by Stages: An Historical Introduction
April 2003, ©2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Introduces students to Shakespeare's plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
- Focuses on the material conditions of playing and of playgoing.
- Covers venues, audiences, actors, society, government and regulation.
- Each topic is considered in relation to a selection of Shakespeare's plays.
- Shows students how the plays and the context in which they were produced illuminate one another.