October 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book provides a clear and comprehensive introduction to Tibet, its culture and history.
- A clear and comprehensive overview of Tibet, its culture and history.
- Responds to current interest in Tibet due to continuing publicity about Chinese rule and growing interest in Tibetan Buddhism.
- Explains recent events within the context of Tibetan history.
- Situates Tibet in relation to other Asian civilizations through the ages.
- Draws on the most recent scholarly and archaeological research.
- Introduces Tibetan culture – particularly social institutions, religious and political traditions, the arts and medical lore.
- An epilogue considers the fragile position of Tibetan civilization in the modern world.