Business of Research: Issues of Policy and Practice
August 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Funding Social Science Research in Academia: Janet Lewis.
3. The Politics of Partnership in Tropical Public Health: Researching Tuberculosis Control in India: Jessica A. Ogden and John D. H. Porter.
4. Recognizing Diversity and Group Processes in International, Collaborative Research Work: A Case Study: Elizabeth Ettorre.
5. Integrating Participation into Research and Consultancy: A Conservation Example From Arabia: Dawn Chatty.
6. Multiple Scripts and Contested Discourse in Disseminating Research Findings: Gillian Lewando Hundt.
7. Researching a Contemporary Archive: Catherine Jones Finer.
8. Researching Homelessness and Rough Sleeping in the Scottish Context: Hilary Third.
9. Researching Risk in the Probation Service: Hazel Kemshall.
10. Synthesizing Research and Practice: Using the Action Research Approach in Health Care Settings: Paul Bate.
11. Balncing Research and Action: Reflections on an Action Research Project in a Social Services Department: Jan Waterson.
Gillian Lewando-Hundt is Professor of Social Sciences in Health in the School of Health and Social Studies at the University of Warwick. Her current research interests are in the fields of sociology of health, medical anthropology, social policy and public health. She currently conducting reseach in Kenya, South Africa, the Middle East and England. She is the founding Director of a multidisciplinary Institute of Health within the Faculty of Social Studies at the University of Warwick.
- Honest and informative about the realities of managing research projects, especially where numbers of people and/or different teams are involved.
- Confronts key ethical dilemmas involved in research conduct & reportage.
- Exposes some of the contradictions of the British academic establishment's approach to the financing, conduct and evaluation of social research on the part of university academics.
Business of Research: Issues of Policy and Practice (US $39.95)
-and- The Times They Are Changing?: Crisis and the Welfare State (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $74.90
Discounted Price: US $56.17 (Save: US $18.73)