Museum Studies: An Anthology of Contexts
October 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Museum Studies: An Anthology of Contexts provides a comprehensive interdisciplinary collection of approaches to museums and their relation to history, culture, philosophy and their adoring or combative publics.
- Brings together for the first time a wide array of texts that mix contemporary analysis with historical documentation
- Includes five sections that highlight central themes in museum studies: issue-oriented contexts in museology; states of "nature"; the status of nations; history, memory and other locations; and arts, crafts and visitors
- Addresses the development of museums, the role of the museum in society, and issues central to contemporary museum studies
- Opens with an introductory essay that situates museum studies in a truly interdisciplinary context and includes an opening essay for each section that guides the reader through the selections
- Includes a bibliography and list of resources devoted to museum studies that makes the volume an authoritative guide on the subject