Anthropologies of Modernity: Foucault, Governmentality, and Life Politics
September 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Analytics of Modern: An Introduction.
Part I: Colonial Reasons.
1. Colonial Governmentality. (David Scott).
2. Foucault in the Tropics: Displacing the Panopticon. (Peter Redfield).
Part II: Global Governance.
3. Graduated Sovereignty in South East Asia. (Aihwa Ong).
4. Spatializing States: Toward an Ethnography of Neoliberal Governmentality. (James Ferguson and Akhil Gupta).
Part III: Technico Sciences.
5. Performing Criminal Anthropology: Science, Popular Wisdom, and the Body. (David Horn).
6. Science and Citizenship under Postsocialism. (Adriana Petryna).
Part IV: Biosocial Subjects.
7. Artificiality and Enlightenment: From Sociobiology to Biosociality. (Paul Rabinow).
8. Flexible Eugenics: Technologies of Self in the Age of Genetics. (Karen-Sue Taussig, Rayna Rapp, and Deborah Heath).
Part V: Necropolitical Projects.
9. Life During Wartime: Guatemala, Vitality, Conspiracy, Milieu. (Diane M. Nelson) 10. Technologies of Invisibility: Politics of Life and Social Inequality. (João Biehl).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Anthropologies of Modernity: Foucault, Governmentality, and Life Politics (US $43.95)
Total List Price: US $73.95
Discounted Price: US $55.46 (Save: US $18.49)