The Anthropology of Development and Globalization: From Classical Political Economy to Contemporary Neoliberalism
January 2005, ©2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Explores the foundations of the anthropology of development, a field newly animated by theories of globalization and transnationalism
- Framed by an encyclopedic introduction that will prove indispensable to students and experts alike
- Includes readings ranging from Weber and Marx and Engels to contemporary works on the politics of development knowledge, consumption, environment, gender, international NGO networks, the IMF, campaigns to reform the World Bank, the collapse of socialism, and the limits of “post-developmentalism”
- Fills a crucial gap in the literature by mingling historical, cultural, political, and economic perspectives on development and globalization
- Present a wide range of theoretical approaches and topics
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Anthropology of Development and Globalization: From Classical Political Economy to Contemporary Neoliberalism (US $57.95)
-and- Ethnographic Fieldwork: An Anthropological Reader, 2nd Edition (US $51.95)
Total List Price: US $109.90
Discounted Price: US $82.42 (Save: US $27.48)