The Future of Theory
August 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Geneaology 1: Hegel's Plague.
2. Genealogy 2: The Avant-Garde at Theory's High Tide.
3. Theory, Science, Technology.
4. Theory not of Literature but as Literature.
- Examines the past and future of Theory.
- Claims that Theory's ongoing role is to question official knowledge.
- Sketches the genealogy of Theory back to the 1960s and beyond.
- Forms part of the prestigious Blackwell Manifestos series.
"This clearly written, well-documented study will serve graduate students, faculty and researchers." Choice