The Path to Justice: Following in the Footsteps of Henry George
January 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
Introduction. Clifford W. Cobb.
Section One: History of Thought.
1. Henry George and Austrian Economics. (Leland B. Yeager).
2. Henry George and the Austrian Economics. (Oscar B. Johannsen).
3. Progress: Poverty or Prosperity? Joining the Debate Between George and Marshall on the Effects of Economic Growth on the Distribution of Income.(Nahid Aslanbeigui and Adele Wick).
Section Two: Public Policy Implications.
1. The Role of Ground Rent in Urban Decay and Revival: How to Revitalize a Failing City. (Mason Gaffney).
2. Site Value Taxes and the Optimal Pricing of Public Services. (William S. Vickrey).
3. What Do We Need to Know about Land Value Taxation?. (Dick Netzer).
Section Three: International Trade.
1. Protection or Free Trade: An Analysis of the Ideas of Henry George on International Commerce and Wages. (Thomas L. Martin).
2. Why the Preaching Must Never Stop. Henry George's and Paul Krugman's Respective Contributions to the Free Trade Debate. (Laurence S. Moss).
Section Four: Philosophy of Justice.
1. Peace, Justice, and Economic Reform. (Nicolaus Tideman).
2. The Economics and Ethics of Idleness. (James M. Buchanan).
Section Five: Religious Foundations of Social Policy.
1. The Earth is the Lord's. (Robert V. Andelson).
2. Liberation Theology and Economic Development. (James M. Dawsey).
3. Moses-Henry George's Inspiration. (Aharon H. Shapiro).
Mr. Clifford Cobb is Senior Fellow with Redefining Progress in Oakland, California and Director of the Henry George School in Sacramento, California. He has his Masters in Public Policy and from the University of California at Berkely and is the author of several books.
- Essays chosen from thirty presentations in the Henry George
lecture series and the winners of the Henry George Essay prize
sponsored by St. John's University.
- The collection offers philosophical insights into the nature of justice as well as practical applicaton of those insights to trade and tax policy.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Path to Justice: Following in the Footsteps of Henry George (US $46.95)
Total List Price: US $92.90
Discounted Price: US $69.67 (Save: US $23.23)