March 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A comprehensive introduction to the study of language, set apart by its inclusion of cross-linguistic data from over 80 different spoken and signed languages
- Explores how language works by examining discourse, sentence-structure, meaning, words, and sounds
- Introduces psycholinguistic and sociolinguistic issues, including language acquisition, neurolinguistics, language variation, language change, language contact, and multilingualism
- Written in a problem-oriented style to engage readers, and is ideal for those new to the subject
- Incorporates numerous student-friendly features throughout, including extensive exercises, summaries, assignments, and suggestions for further reading