North American Archaeology
December 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
List of Figures.
Notes on Contributors.
1. Alternative Histories and North American Archaeology (Timothy R. Pauketat and Diana DiPaolo Loren).
2. The Peopling of North America (J.M. Adovasio and David Pedler).
3. Tempo and Scale in the Evolution of Social Complexity in Western North America: Four Case Studies (Kenneth M. Ames).
4. Structure and Practice in the Archaic Southeast (Kenneth E. Sassaman).
5. The Enigmatic Hopewell of the Eastern Woodlands (William S. Dancey).
6. Farming and Social Complexity in the Northeast (Elizabeth Chilton).
7. The Evolution of the Plains Village Tradition (Dale R. Henning).
8. The Forgotten History of the Mississippians (Timothy R. Pauketat).
9. Beyond the Mold: Questions of Inequality of Southwest Villages (Michelle Hegmon).
10. Chaco and Paquime: Complexity, History, Landscape (Stephen H. Lekson).
11. Social and Physical Landscapes of Contact (Stephen W. Sulliman).
12. Creolization in the French and Sapnish Colonies (Diana DiPaolo Loren).
13. Before the Revolution: Archaeology and the African Diaspora on the Atlantic Seaboard (Theresa A. Singleton).
14. Representing and Repatriating the Past (Joe Watkins).
15. Labor and Class in the American West (Dean J. Saitta).