History of Germany 1780-1918: The Long Nineteenth Century, 2nd Edition
October 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This history offers a powerful and original account of Germany from the eve of the French Revolution to the end of World War One.
- Written by a leading German historian who has transformed the historiography of modern Germany over the past two decades.
- Covers the whole of the long nineteenth century and emphasizes continuities through this period.
- Brings together political, social and cultural history.
- Combines a comprehensive account with a feel for the human dimension and the history of everyday life.
- Accessible to non-specialists, thought-provoking and entertaining.
- The updated second edition includes a revised bibliography.