Phonetics: Transcription, Production, Acoustics, and Perception
September 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Provides an accessible but in-depth introductory textbook on the basic concepts of phonetics
- Covers all four areas of phonetics: transcription, production, acoustics, and perception
- Offers uniquely thorough coverage of related relevant areas, including vocal fold vibration and the working of the ear, creating an engagingly flexible work for instructors
- Includes chapter-by-chapter exercises, enabling students to put their knowledge into practice
- Written in a clear and concise style by two of the field’s leading scholars
- Accompanied by a companion website at www.blackwellpublishing.com/phonetics (available on publication), featuring additional resources such as sound files.