Phonetics: Transcription, Production, Acoustics, and Perception
September 2008, ©2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Providing a comprehensive overview of the four primary areas of phonetics, Phonetics: Transcription, Production, Acoustics, and Perception is an ideal guide to the complete study of speech and sound.
- An accessible but in-depth introductory textbook on the basic concepts of phonetics
- Covers all four areas of phonetics: transcription, production, acoustics, and perception
- Offers uniquely thorough coverage of related relevant areas, including vocal fold vibration and the working of the ear, creating an engagingly flexible work for instructors
- Includes chapter-by-chapter exercises, enabling students to put their knowledge into practice
- Written in a clear and concise style by two of the field’s leading scholars