Phonetic Data Analysis: An Introduction to Fieldwork and Instrumental Techniques
September 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Phonetic Data Analysis examines the procedures involved in describing the sounds of a language and illustrates the basic techniques of experimental phonetics, most of them requiring little more than a tape recorder, a video camera, and a computer.
- Examines the procedures involved in describing the sounds of a language and illustrates the basic techniques of experimental phonetics.
- Written by Peter Ladefoged, one of the world’s leading phoneticians.
- Enables readers to work with a speaker in class or go out into the field and make their own discoveries about how the sounds of a language are made.
- Provides full descriptions of techniques that are readily available and do not require the resources of a major phonetics laboratory.
- Includes enlightening comments throughout about Ladefoged’s own fieldwork experiences.