Understanding Everyday Life
January 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
By focusing on familiar sites and scenes – the home, the pub, the street – this text introduces students to contemporary debates about the social organisation of everyday life.
- Introduces debates about the sociology of everyday life in an accessible, student-friendly manner.
- Covers major topics in the sociology of daily life from the private sphere through to work, consumption and the community.
- Shows how the perspectives of sociology, cultural studies and feminism can shed new light on everyday life.
- Employs a wide range of richly-worked examples to illustrate the debates.
- Forms part of a four-book series on sociology and society.
For more information about this book and the Sociology & Society series, visit the accompanying website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/ou