July 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Designed to encourage critical thinking about the role of ancient material culture in modern times and the role of modern preoccupations in shaping the study of ancient material
- Authored by leading archaeologists and historians of the classical world
- Comprised of paired essays – one covering the Greek world, the other, the Roman – that stimulate a dialogue not only between the two ancient cultures, but between scholars with different historiographic and methodological traditions
- Encourages the teaching of thematic courses that cross over the Greek/Roman divide
- Includes maps, chronologies, diagrams, photographs, and short editorial introductions to each chapter