The Hidden Life of Girls: Games of Stance, Status, and Exclusion
December 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
2. Multimodality, Conflict, and Rationality in Girls’ Games.
3. Social Dimensions of a Popular Girls’ Clique.
4. Social Organization, Opposition, and Directives in the Game of Jump Rope.
5. Language Practices for Indexing Social Status: Stories, Descriptions, Brags, and Comparisons.
6. Stance and Structure in Assessment and Gossip Activity.
7. Constructing Social Difference and Exclusion in Girls’ Groups.
Appendix A: Transcription Symbols.
Appendix B: Jump Rope Rhymes.