Victorian Poetry: An Annotated Anthology
June 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Victorian Poetry: An Annotated Anthology is a fully annotated and illustrated collection of Victorian poetry.
- Features a generous selection of work by all the major figures of the age, including Matthew Arnold, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Alfred Tennyson, and Oscar Wilde
- Presents several long poems in their entirety, such as Arnold’s ‘Empedocles on Etna’, Clough’s Amours de Voyage, Meredith’s Modern Love and Tennyson’s In Memoriam AHH
- Each poet is introduced by a biographical headnote
- Each poem is introduced by a headnote giving publication details, biographical facts, contextual material, and other information
- The poems themselves are all fully annotated
- Extensive introductory material enables readers to read across the volume chronologically, thematically, or by individual author
- Features twelve black and white illustrations of images referred to in or relevant to the poetry