A Companion to Tourism
July 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This groundbreaking Companion offers readers an opportunity to reassess key themes in contemporary tourism studies in the light of recent theoretical developments in tourism studies and the social sciences, as well as dramatic changes in the operating environment for tourism.
- A critical overview of current research in tourism studies.
- Offers readers an opportunity to reassess key themes in tourism studies in the light of recent developments, such as terrorist attacks, SARS and the financial failure of airlines.
- Comprises 48 specially commissioned essays, written by more than 50 acknowledged experts from around the world.
- Covers cutting-edge perspectives and topics, including tourism’s role in globalization, sustainable tourism, and the state’s role in tourism development.
- Sets an agenda for future tourism research.
- Includes a wealth of bibliographic references.