Multilingualism in the English-Speaking World: Pedigree of Nations
October 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Part I: The extent of diversity:.
1. The myth of monolingualism.
2. Roots of diversity.
3. Access to services.
Part II: Language at home and in school:.
4. Language in the family.
5. Language and education: a history.
6. Language and education in the modern world.
7. Majority speakers and minority languages.
Part III: Language in the wider community:.
8. Language and the economy.
9. Language and the media.
10. Language and the Arts.
11. Language, diplomacy and defence.
12. Is life really too short to learn German?.