Christian Mission: How Christianity Became a World Religion
March 2009, ©2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Exploring how Christianity became a world religion, this brief history examines Christian missions and their relationship to the current globalization of Christianity.
- A short and enlightening history of Christian missions: a phenomenon that many say reflects the single most important intercultural movement over a sustained period of human history
- Offers a thematic overview that takes into account the political, cultural, social, and theological issues
- Discusses the significance of missions to the globalization of Christianity, and broadens our understanding of Christianity as a multicultural world religion
- Helps Western audiences understand the meaning of mission as a historical process
- Contains several new maps that illustrate demographic shifts in world Christianity