Old Norse-Icelandic Literature: A Short Introduction
February 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- An introduction to the colourful world of Old Norse-Icelandic literature.
- Covers mythology and family sagas, as well as less well-known areas, such as oral story-telling, Eddaic verse and skaldic verse.
- An introduction helps readers to appreciate the language and culture of the first settlers in Iceland.
- Looks at the reception of Old-Norse-Icelandic literature over the ages, as views of the vikings have changed.
- Shows how a whole range of authors from Shakespeare to Seamus Heaney have been influenced by Old Norse-Icelandic literature.