Petroleum Geology of the North Sea: Basic Concepts and Recent Advances, 4th Edition
August 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
Historical review of North Sea exploration.
Outline of North Sea history and structural framework.
Source rocks and the hydrocarbons of the North Sea.
North Sea hydrocarbon plays.
- a new edition of the definitive work
- 30% increase in length
- fully revised and updated, with a number of new authors
- recognises the recent advances in basin modelling and the impact of the new techniques of sequence stratigraphy
- published under the auspices of the Joint Association for Petroleum Exploration Courses
- geographical coverage extended to include the oil fields recently discovered in the Irish Sea and West of Shetland