The Forests Handbook, 2 Volume Set, The Forests Handbook
February 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Part 1: Forest Resources and Types.
1. Global Forest Resources - History and Dynamics.
2. Forest Types and Classification.
Part 2: Biological and Ecological Processes.
3. Genetics and Speciation in the World's Forests.
4. Structural Dynamics of Forest Stands and Natural Processes.
5. Biological Interactions and Disturbance - Plants and Animals.
6. Biological Interactions and Disturbance - Invertebrates .
Part 3: Environmental Interactions.
7. Forest Soils.
8. Ecophysiology of Forests.
9. Models for Pure and Mixed Forests.
10. Forests and the Atmosphere.
11. Environmental Stresses to Forests.
12. Forest Hydrology.
Part 4: Social Factors and the Human Interface.
13. Trees in the Urban Environment.
14. The Importance of Social Values.
15. Non-Timber Forest Products and Rural Poverty: An Economic Analysis.
1. History and Impact of Forest Management.
Part 1: Sustaining Forest Influences.
2. Forest Reserves, Parks and Wilderness: An Australian Perspective.
3. Forests as Protection from Natural Hazards.
4. Interventions to enhance the conservation of biodiversity.
Part 2: Sustainable Wood Production.
5. assessing Potential Sustainable Wood Yield.
6. Silvicultural Treatments to Enhance Productivity.
7. Sustainable Management of Soil and Site.
8. Management of Pest Threats.
9. Management of the Disease Burden.
Part 3. Sustaining Social Values and Benefits.
10. Working with Forest Stakeholders.
11. The New Forest Policy and Joint Forest Management in India.
12. Trees in the Urban Environment.
Part 4: Case Studies of Sustainable Management.
13. The Structure, Functioning and Management of Old Growth Cedar/Hemlock/Fir Forests on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
14. The Beech Forests of Haute-Normandie, France.
15. Restructuring of Plantation Forest, Kielder, UK.
16. Sustainable Management of the Mountain Ash Forests in the Central Highlands, Victoria, Australia.
17. Sustainable Management of Malaysian Rain Forest.
18. Sustainable Plantation Forestry: A Case Study of Wood Production and Environmental Management Strategies in the Usutu Forest, Swaziland
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Forests Handbook, 2 Volume Set, The Forests Handbook (US $530.00)
-and- Introduction to Forest Ecosystem Science and Management, 3rd Edition (US $208.95)
Total List Price: US $738.95
Discounted Price: US $554.21 (Save: US $184.74)