An Introduction to Geophysical Exploration, 3rd Edition
April 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
The mathematics required in order to understand the text is purposely kept to a minimum, so the book is suitable for courses taken in geophysics by all undergraduate students. It will also be of use to postgraduate students who might wish to include geophysics in their studies and to all professional geologists who wish to discover the breadth of the subject in connection with their own work.
1. The Principles and Limitations of Geophysical Exploration Methods.
2. Geophysical Data Processing.
3. Elements of Seismic Surveying.
4. Seismic Reflection Surveying.
5. Seismic Refraction Surveying.
6. Gravity Surveying.
7. Magnetic Surveying.
8. Electrical Surveying.
9. Electromagnetic Surveying.
10. Radiometric Surveying.
11. Geophysical Borehole Logging.
Mike Brooks was a Professor of Geology and Head of the Department of Geology at Cardiff University from 1978 to 1993 and is now a Professor Emeritus of the University. From 1993 to 2001 he was the Education and Training Officer of the Geological Society of London.
Ian Hill is Senior Lecturer in Geophysics at the University of Leicester where he teaches Geophysics and Plate Tectonics. He was the first chairman of the Environmental and Industrial Geophysics Group (EIGG) of the Geological Society of London. He is a Chartered Geoligist.
* Written at introductory level so the maths is not demanding
* Include new chapters (written by Ian Hill, the new author) on Seismic Reflection methods, bringing the book completely up-to-date
* Illustrations have been redrawn to increase clarity
"No doubt that this volume will once again prove to be a classic textbook for undergraduate and graduate students in geology, geophysics, and for anyone interested in Earth Science." The EGGS, February 2003
"Overall...this is an excellent book and no doubt will continue to be recommended for many undergraduate courses." Geological Magazine, August 2003
An Introduction to Geophysical Exploration, 3rd Edition (US $115.00)
-and- A Petroleum Geologist's Guide to Seismic Reflection (US $89.95)
Total List Price: US $204.95
Discounted Price: US $153.71 (Save: US $51.24)