Stroke Rehabilitation: A Collaborative Approach
November 1999, Wiley-Blackwell
Written in an informative and accessible style, this book will help professionals involved in the management of stroke to understand the role of other members of the rehabilitation team, and hence provide coordinated care for the patient.
Robert Fawcus is a Consultant Speech and Language Therapist at the Nuffield Hospital, Tunbridge Wells and was formerly Professor of Clinical Communication Studies at City University, London.
1. A collaborative Approach to Stroke Care. (Robert Fawcus).
2. Medical Aspects of Stroke. (Marion Hildick-Smith).
3. Medical Management of Stroke. (Marion Hildick-Smith).
4. Nursing the Patient Following a Stroke. (Graham Boswell).
5. Enable or Disable: Evidence-Based Clinical Problem-Solving.
6. Rehabilitating Movement. (Polly Laidler).
7. Speech and Language Problems After Stroke. (Jane Marshall).
8. The Treatment of Speech and Language Disorders Following Stroke. (Jane Marshall).
9. Rehabilitation of Cognitive and Emotional Problems Following Stroke. (Simon B. N. Thompson).
10. Personal Construct Theory in Stroke and Communication Problems. (Shelagh Brumfitt).
11. Everyday Problems of Daily Living. (Avril Drummond).
Appendix: organizations supporting both the individual and careers.
* includes contributions from a doctor, nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech and language therapists and neuropsychologist
* covers both the theoretical and practical issues in preventing stroke and rehabilitating the stroke patient
Stroke Rehabilitation: A Collaborative Approach (US $94.99)
-and- Interprofessional Teamwork for Health and Social Care (US $84.99)
Total List Price: US $179.98
Discounted Price: US $134.98 (Save: US $45.00)