Stereochemistry at a Glance
October 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
Based on the highly successful at a Glance series from
Blackwell Publishing, this book provides a concise introduction and
overview of stereochemistry for students studying chemistry and
related courses at undergraduate level. It then reinforces that
overview by presenting 49 fully worked out stereochemistry
problems, presented in the familiar at a Glance double page
layout. A further 98 supplementary problems, with abbreviated
answers, are designed to help the undergraduate student rapidly
develop the knack of thinking in three dimensions, and generate the
confidence to apply their knowledge of stereochemistry in the
classroom, the exam room or the laboratory.
Graphical presentation of information is central to the book. As befits such a visual subject, this facilitates the rapid assimilation and understanding of the basic concepts, principles and definitions of stereochemistry. Students using Stereochemistry at a Glance will find they have a resource with which they can quickly, economically and confidently acquire, regularly review and revise the basic facts that underpin stereochemistry.
2. Nucleophillic Substitution Reactions of Saturated Species.
3. Beta-Elimination Reactions to form Alkenes.
4. Stereochemistry of Carbonyl Compounds.
5. Six Membered Rings: Conformational Analysis.
6. Polar Rearrangements.
7. Glossary: Stereochemical terms and descriptions.
List of Abbreviations
Josephine Peach is Fellow and Tutor in Chemistry at Somerville College, University of Oxford
* Follows the successful At a Glance format
* Contains 49 fully worked solutions to stereochemical problems
and 98 supplementary questions
* By following the text and trying the problems students quickly build up a sophisticated appreciation and understanding of stereochemistry