Introduction to Geomicrobiology
October 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Discusses how microorganisms are classified, the physical constraints governing their growth, molecular approaches to studying microbial diversity, and life in extreme environments
- Features bioenergetics, microbial metabolic capabilities, and major biogeochemical pathways
- Includes the chemical reactivity of the cell surface, metal sorption, and the microbial role in contaminant mobility and bioremediation/biorecovery
- Looks at microbiological mineral formation and fossilization
- Covers the function of microorganisms in mineral dissolution and oxidation, and the industrial and environmental ramifications of these processes
- Examines elemental cycling in biofilms, formation of microbialites, and sediment diagenesis
- Concludes with a synopsis of the events that led to the emergence of life, evolution of metabolic processes, and the diversification of the biosphere.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Introduction to Geomicrobiology (US $105.00)
-and- Environmental Microbiology: From Genomes to Biogeochemistry (US $119.95)
Total List Price: US $224.95
Discounted Price: US $168.71 (Save: US $56.24)