Cattle Behaviour and Welfare, 2nd Edition
October 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
1. Introduction to Cattle Welfare.
2. The Welfare of Dairy Cows.
3. The Welfare of Beef Cattle and Draft Oxen.
4. The Welfare of Calves.
5. The Welfare of Cattle During Transport, Marketing and Slaughter.
6. Environmental Perception and Cognition.
7. Acquisition of Behaviour and the Use of Selective Breeding to Improve Welfare.
8. Play Behaviour.
9. Social Behaviour.
10. Nutritional Behaviour.
11. Reproductive Behaviour.
12. Locomotion and Movement.
13. Resting Behaviour.
14. Behavioural Adaptation to Inadequate Environments.
15. The Relationship Between Cattle and Man.
* one of the only books dedicated to the field of behaviour and welfare of cattle
* now includes welfare, an increasingly important subject for stockpeople and vets alike
* draws together a wide range of research findings from all over the world and presents them concisely and readably.