Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Critical Debates
July 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
2. Why do only a few smokers develop COPD?.
Nikos Siafakas, Eleni Tzortzaki, Demosthenes Bouros.
3. How should COPD be diagnosed?.
4. Is it possible for spirometry to become a universal measurement?.
5. Assessment of disability: What test, or combination of tests, should be used?.
Denis O'Donnell, Michael Fitzpatrick.
6. Do older patients with COPD need a different approach?.
7. Do COPD patients develop particular problems in sleep?.
8. Is it possible to help people stop smoking?.
9. Bronchodilators in stable COPD - which one when?.
10. Inhaled steroids: Do they still have a role?.
11. What are the future treatments for COPD?.
12. What is the role of rehabilitation in COPD?.
Peter Wijkstra, Nick Ten Hacken, Johan Wempe, Gerard Koeter.
13. Oxygen therapy - is it possible to prescribe rationally and objectively?.
14. Chronic obstructive lung disease: what is the role of surgery?.
Thomas Waddell, Roger Goldstein.
15. What is an acute exacerbation of COPD?.
16. Which patients with acute COPD exacerbation should receive ventilatory support?.
Mrinal Sircar, Mark Elliott.
17. What constitutes success in COPD management?.
Wisia Wedzicha, Mike Pearson