Practical and Theoretical Geoarchaeology
February 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- a fundamental, broad-based perspective of the essentials of modern geoarchaeology in order to demonstrate the breadth of the approaches and the depth of the problems that it can tackle.
- the rapid advances made in the area in recent years, but also gives the reader a firm grasp of conventional approaches.
- covers traditional topics with the emphasis on landscapes, as well as anthropogenic site formation processes and their investigation.
- provides guidelines for the presentation of field and laboratory methods and the reporting of geoarchaeological results.
- essential reading for archaeology undergraduate and graduate students, practicing archaeologists and geoscientists who need to understand and apply geoarchaeological methodologies.
Artwork from the book is available to instructors online at: www.blackwellpublishing.com/goldberg
“This is one of the best textbooks that I have read in years. I enjoyed reviewing it, and found it well-written and thorough in its coverage of the traditional earth science aspects of geoarchaeology. The non-traditional aspects were intriguing and equally thorough... I predict that this book will become the textbook of choice for geoarchaeology classes for several years.”
Geomorphology 101 (2008) 740–743