July 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
In the second book to feature in the SDT series Fermented Milks
reviews the properties and manufacturing methods associated with
products such as yoghurt, buttermilk, kefir, koumiss milk-based
fermented beverages and many other examples from around the globe,
offering the reader:
- A practically-oriented and user-friendly guide
- Key commercially important information
- Coverage of all the major stages of manufacture
- Background to each product
Edited by Adnan Tamime, with contributions from international authors and full of core commercially useful information for the dairy industry, this book is an essential title for dairy scientists, dairy technologists and nutritionists worldwide.
Types of Fermented Milks.
Manufacture of Yoghurt.
Properties of Yoghurt and their Appraisal.
Production of Drinking Products.
Production of Concentrated Products.
Nordic/Scandinavian Fermented Milk Products.
Production of Kefir, Koumiss and Other Related Products.
Miscellaneous Fermented Milk Products.
Mechanisation, Automation and Future Developments.
- practically-oriented and user-friendly
- a thorough yet readable manual
- authors are well known and respected internationally
- a must-have guide for all those involved in the dairy industry
International Journal of Diary Technology, vol 60, No3, August 2007