Accountability in Nursing and Midwifery, 2nd Edition
July 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
The second edition of Accountability in Nursing and Midwifery addresses current issues and key concerns in accountability, focusing on accountability in the four main branches of nursing (adult, child, learning disabilities and mental health), as well as in midwifery, community nursing, and nursing management. In an increasingly litigious society, the ethical and legal implications of accountability are growing and it is important that nurses understand the implications for everyday practice.
2. The Development of Nursing as an Accountable Profession.
3. Accountability and Clinical Governance in Nursing: a Critical Overview of the Topic.
4. Accountability and Clinical Governance.
5. The Legal Accountability of the Nurse.
6. Accountability & Clinical Governance: A Policy Perspective.
7. Accountability in NHS Trusts.
8. Accountability and Clinical Governance in Nursing: a Manager’s Perspective.
9. Working with Children: Accountability and Paediatric Nursing.
10. Accountability and Clinical Governance in Learning Disability Nursing.
11. Where Does the Buck Stop? – Accountability in Midwifery.
12. Accountability in Community Nursing.
13. Accounts, Accounting and Accountability in Psychiatric Nursing.
14. Accountability in Nursing Research
Roger Watson is a Professor of Nursing in the School of Nursing, Social Work and Applied Health Studies at the University of Hull.
* explores the impact of clinical governance
* examines issues of accountability in key areas of nursing and midwifery
* focuses on accountability in practice, research, and management
* addresses implications for practice
Journal of Neonatal Nursing
'This book is enjoyable and thought provoking and would be of use to alI nurses, particularly those with an interest in clinical governance or those who are wishing to expand their clinical roles.'
''If you are looking for a book with opinions on accountability, this book is for you... A great reference for the library.'
Journal of Advanced Nursing
"This book has attempted successfully to address the whole issue of accountability and clinical governance in a truly holistic way... It is a book that is neither simple nor abstruse but succeeds in placing all the threads together in order to clarify the truth behing accountability and clinical governance."
Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing