Health Economics: An Introduction for Health Professionals
November 2005, BMJ Books
Health Economics provides you with the tools to:
- Read and critique economic evaluations
- Understand the economic forces at work in specific environments
- Make optimum choices in terms of benefits and outcomes
2 Organisation and funding of health care services.
3 The costs of health care.
4 The benefits of health care: outputs and outcomes.
5 Evaluating health care interventions from an economic perspective.
6 The role of health economics in decision making.
7 Conclusions and the way forward.
* Clear and concise introduction to this important aspect of health care
* Supplies the tools for making optimum choices in terms of benefits and outcomes across the health spectrum
* Suitable for students of health economics and health professionals alike