Safe Transfer and Retrieval of Patients (STAR): The Practical Approach
July 2006, BMJ Books
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Safe Transfer and Retrieval of Patients (STaR) is aimed at all health care workers involved with inter and intra-hospital transfers. It provides a much needed structured approach to transfer medicine, together with sound guidance on relevant clinical procedures.
The second edition has been extensively revised in line with new developments in transfer medicine. The book has been redesigned with five distinct sections covering:
· the principles of the STaR structured approach to transfers
· the management of the transfer or retrieval
· practical procedures related to transfer medicine
· an overview of clinical care during the assessment and stabilisation phases of transfer.
· the legal and safety aspects of transfers, specific differences in helicopter transfers and transfers involving children
A new chapter, the infectious or contaminated patient, has been added, in light of current concerns around the potential transfer of infection between patients and staff.
The major revisions to this STaR coursebook bring it into line with the latest thinking on patient transfers, making it an invaluable guide for anyone involved in this aspect of health care.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Safe Transfer and Retrieval of Patients (STAR): The Practical Approach (US $89.95)
Total List Price: US $177.90
Discounted Price: US $133.42 (Save: US $44.48)