WirelessMAN: Inside the IEEE 802.16 Standard for Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks
- Find detailed descriptions of the medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) operation up through IEEE 802.16-2004, with an introduction to the technologies introduced in IEEE 802.16e.
- See why certain design choices were made and how recent technological developments, real-world experience, and lessons learned from previous projects were used to make critical tradeoffs.
- Get details on OFDM, OFDMA, multiple antenna systems, security,and mesh technologies.
- See performance simulations and learn about current conformance and interoperability activities.
- Read a summary of ongoing projects, related standards, and future extensions.
WirelessMAN is a must-read for anyone wishing to understand the IEEE 802.16 standard and its operation. This book will immediately benefit designers, engineers, students, and deployment professionals who need to rapidly understand the fundamentals of the standard. The book is a self-contained companion to the standard, and no specific knowledge of any other wireless protocols is assumed. It can be used for self-study, as a reference, or as a designer's handbook.