Green Hopes: The Future of Political Ecology
July 1995, Polity
Part I: Old Imperatives, New Hopes: .
1. Ecology without Consciousness is Body without Soul.
2. Ecology and Democracy.
3. Political Ecology and the Workers' Movement: Similarities and Differences.
4. The Rise and Fall of Economic Liberalism.
5. Ecology as Post-Socialist Economic Logic.
Part II: International and Worldwide Perspectives:.
6. From Garden to Planet.
7. A Modest Internationalism.
8. The North-South Divide: Reality or Outmoded Concept?.
9. The Rio Conference and New North-South Relations.
10. Pro-Europe Means Anti-Maastricht.
11. And Now, A Fresh Start.
Part III: A New Political Force:.
12. Greens and Others.
13. Political Ecology: The Urgent Task.
* Will appeal to students on a range of courses interested in the implications of political ecology for left politics in the 90's.
"Engaging and forthright.' Sociology
"It should be studies by those concerned with the politics of the environment because it provides us with a comprehensive account of the beliefs, reasoning and arguments of the Green movement in France." Political Geography
"Exceptionally interesting." Political Studies