Development and International Relations: A Critical Introduction
September 1997, Polity
Part I: Development Revisited:.
1. Development and International Relations: Theory and History.
2. A Question of Terminology.
3. Theories of Development.
Part II: The Global Economy and Development: .
4. The East Asian NIEs.
5. The Environment and Development.
6. The Social Dimension: Poverty, Population and Hunger.
7. International Commodity Trade and Development.
Part III: The Third World in the Emerging World Order: .
8. The Post-Cold War World and the South.
9. Development in a Global Context.
* Covers the most significant issues facing the Third World in the current global political economy.
* Highly accessible book with many student features, such as introductions, summaries and tables.