Introducing Democracy: 80 Questions and Answers
December 1995, Polity
2. Free and Fair Elections.
3. Open and Accountable Government.
4. Individual Rights and their Defence.
5. Democratic or Civil Society.
6. The Future of Democracy.
* It will be essential reading for all students interested in democratic politics.
* A simple, concise, yet sophisticated, account of democracy.
"This book is written by two of the best interpreters of democracy and human rights in this country. It is so well written (and illustrated, with cartoons) that I believe it to be understandable to anyone aged 11 or more and is interesting and relevant enough to be recommended to everyone, especially voters." Newsletter of the Citizenship Foundation